Wednesday, December 24, 2008

underground thoughts

wrote this on the train ride home about a week ago on my phone. no better time to post than now, i guess.



December. The holiday season usually brings lots of joy to everyone. For most, it is a time for giving and thanks and for Christians, it's that and so much more. It signifies the birth of our Savior, so many years ago.

Spirits are extremely high at this time of year, but these times can also bring bouts of sadness and loneliness. For those who are celebrating without the loved ones they are used to seeing, for the single/unmarried who want someone to share this joyous time with. Even those who are constantly surrounded with loved ones can feel a sense of loneliness at this time of year.

Unfortunately, I'm no exception to the case. I've fought my fair share of loneliness and empty feelings. However, being a child of God, I know that this is a temporary feeling. When I snap back to reality and remember that God can fill my life better than anyone or anything, that feeling goes away and I am filled once again. It's a sad realization that many of our closest friends and family do not share this same revelation. Instead, their bout with emptiness and loneliness tends to linger. And this is partly our fault. Isn't it our job as His children to spread His word so that He may in turn fill the empty voids that many people try to fill with people and wordly things?

Do yourself a favor and share the Gospel with a loved one this holiday season. It's a secret that's not meant to be kept - by all means, go share it with as many as you can :)


On a different note, I've been noticing more and more recently that I have been so blessed. I am completely undeserving of the friendships and relationships that I am so lucky to have. More importantly, I am completely undeserving of God's love, and yet He loves me anyway. And
this is despite my flaws and mistakes.

We're all really blessed, in many different ways. Take the time to go and bless others :)

Happy holidays ! =D

No comments: